Monday, March 22, 2010

not enough time and this whole health reform "crisis"

We're all a little batshit crazy.

Explanation? Mostly I just wanted to use that phrase. Really? First I want to point out that I would love to write about more important issues more frequently, or issues that I find fascinating and readable when I scope the blog scene, but I want them to be good so I am drafting them. Get excited.

Next, google reader is weighing me down man! I keep starring articles I want to read from Huffington Post and Slate which posts a crazy amount of new articles daily and keeping up is starting to become a MUST and my starred "to read" list has reached 60. WHAT?! And if I got a kindle like I've been thinking about (they CAN connect to Internet right?) then I could read these articles EVERYWHERE 24/7 and how magical would that be?! Probably not so much when my neck begins to permanently bend at a weird angle and all hope for good posture go out the window.

AND finally, health reform...Obama? Right on. Republicans? Why so sad? All I hear is people spouting out hateful and ridiculous amounts of bull much like a small child throwing a tantrum because he didn't get his way. What's so scary? What is REALLY the issue here? I feel like people are grasping at whatever fall-back Republican issues to hurdle as a response. Taxes, Immigrants, Constitutional rights and that's what really bugs me the most, "it's not constitutional to force people to have health insurance, not everyone wants to have health insurance." Excuse me? Who then pays for the delivery of your child? Your son's broken arm? Your emergency triple bypass surgery?

It's not about taking away our god-given rights as Americans-we are#1! not about growing our nation's debt or gasp! helping out the less fortunate who definitely don't deserve it! No, it's about not getting your way. The reform went against the Republicans' plan, therefore hate! hate! hate! Crisis! We are doomed!

What is really bothering you? And more importantly WHO is telling you it's a bother to begin with?

Barf.

1 comment:

  1. OH. MY. GOD. I think my facebook has made my stance very clear on this issue. It's so emotional for me because conservatives are making such crazy criticism that I cannot believe what I'm hearing on my local news. Granted, I live in Idaho. But we are using funds to sue over providing insurance! Why would I not want healthcare - especially when the government is going to help me get it. It isn't a financial issue. It's a iwanttosuckmythumbandsitinthecornerwhilenoteatingveggies moment.

    Barf INFREAKINGDEED!

    ReplyDelete