Thursday, February 11, 2010

Courage and Granola

Phoebe keeps chewing on a disgusting piece of bone that vaguely resembles a patella, or what I imagine a patella bone to look like, and if I question this she stares at me with crazypants eyes and begins a series of growls that sound like she is telling me to back the F off, that's right the F. "What's your beef?!" she says.

Housewives of Orange County is on and I am wishing that Samantha Brown was on Travel Channel. Both shows tend to make me feel bad about myself. Actually I lie, Housewives makes me feel bad about the female population in general, Sam B makes me wish that I could live her life and then I wonder, why can't I? What the hell is stopping me from having a successful 10 year career on the Travel Channel seeing the world and meeting awesome new people for FREE!!??? BEST JOB EVER.

Answer: Fear. I'm boarding on 23, too soon for a quarter life crisis? Probably, but I have graduated from college and I think that qualifies me to at least be anticipating it and there is nothing worse than fearful anticipation. I am afraid to back a move that would require me to change my lifestyle so instead I bemoan the fact that I have no real goals for my future and settle into habits that will someday be the bane of my existence....dang.

be positive! be positive!

new favorite quote:
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." ~e.e. cummings

Thank you e.e. ,thank you. It does and I am trying.

Food Moment: beautiful strawberry banana smoothie swooshed out the bottom of my beloved blender causing a mess that almost made me cry, however, I persevered AND made a toasty wonderful batch of granola. =)

2 comments:

  1. "Housewives makes me feel bad about the female population in general" - expansion please!

    Also, let's move to somewhere and propose a friend travel show. And I'm not kidding at all. I like it. "Soul Friends Travel the World." Subtitle description: "Two perspectives of a shared experience (best part coming) on the TRAVEL FREAKING CHANNEL!"

    I like it.

    ReplyDelete