Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fake it till you make it

I'm flipping through various internet pages looking for cute clothes and interesting blogs simultaneously. Top ten most popular blogs, best media blogs, best bisexual blogs, dating blogs, techie blogs, financial blogs (boooorriing). And each one that I am curious enough to open a new tab on gets a few milliseconds of my attention: I read the first sentence or two, decide if I like the font, graphics, overall page design and then click, they are now officially in my Favorites list...not that this means anything because what I am doing is saving them to read LATER which could be NEVER and 5 months from now I will organize this list and "click, click" delete. SAD. Why do I even bother?

See, I am researching or online shopping with the intent of researching... meaning that I want to research good blog writing so that someday my writing, and therefore I, may be interesting enough to have an audience and then, of course, fame and fortune follows. Because after all, I find myself continually writing with the intention of it at some point being read by someone other than myself. Doesn't everyone do that? Call me narcissistic then. Whatever. BUT, with all this research and effort being put into this writing practice/experiement/stress release this will, HAS to morph into the "bestest most average blog there is." ... Right?


I feel I should explain why I would be seen "across a dark parking lot" as mentioned at the end of last post...I have a little dog and, like any good mommy, she must potty before bed, after I have washed face and added tinted mess. I know "you" were wondering.

#3 of my Top 5 Deepest Fears: Turning around to find myself at middle age and still working in an office doing data entry from 9-5. I yearn for a calling. But with the realization that at my age (read, much too young to be thinking about this, I know, I know) no one has a calling. Not really. Having a job = true understanding that time does in fact fly. And at Metro speeds. Barf.

Keep on keepin on to the 2010 Reader's Choice Awards in blogs. Sure to find a gem here.

2 comments:

  1. I do that too! "Oh, this looks interesting. I'll read it when I have time." Then never again do I return to it. Does the intention save us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Anonymous" is Sarah because I don't have a blog to reference so that this system will allow me to post comments.

    ReplyDelete