Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Carrie Bradshaw - my new BFF, fanatical shopping and cheesecake dinners

The week is flowing along semi-smoothly with the bumps involving missing ipods, allergies and pale legs...and since I unofficially made Wednesdays my 'no gym' fun days, I decided to explore some rarely visited shopping arenas while indulging my latest fashion cravings.

The root of this hunger? Shoes. I have been wanting, NEEDing new shoes and as I sit here listening to Samantha tell her 3 best gal pals about kegals I am basking in the glory that is cute new shoes.

Nikes,

not that I am a name brand hound, but they are PRETTY! AND they happen to be just what I was looking for, more or less.

Though the Sports Authority salesman somewhat ominously stated that he 'knew' which ones they were before I even opened the box to show him,he found my size (the very last ones which OF COURSE means it was meant to be!) and I happily pranced to the front counter for purchase. Well actually, I hulked to the front counter after circling the store two or three more times because as it is stated in the title, this was an evening of fanatical shopping. Hulked...because I am haggard from allergies which means my eyes are practically in the back of my head and droopy and, well, haggard people hulk.

Oh, and I saw this: http://www.karatedepot.com/tr-bg-02.html

Ok, not exactly this but this one had better ratings so it is now on my wish list. I like to punch and kick things. Excitement!

So since I was shopping in such a state, I couldn't go home now! I drove to Kohls which I never go to because that means driving to Meridian, however I reasoned that I was half way there so I might as well check it out. With Phoebe alongside me (best shopping buddy ever) we drove the distance. Was it worth it? If you call two sexy rocker black clearance purses worth it then yes, yes it was. Excitement.

By the time I had circled that store 5 or 6 times, I made it back to my vehicle and home. It was now 9:30 and there was no dinner in my belly. Salt in the late evening equals a very bloaty morning and so the only reasonable solution was to have cheesecake and strawberries instead. Very Satisfying.

At the moment, I am half way through my Sex and the City marathon and about ready for bed. Job well done Jennifer, job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment